CodeIgniter Wizard 2.0.2 has been released two nights ago to fix a couple of bugs reported by one of the first adopters of version 2.0 on the day it was released on 30 August 2022. With a large number new features added to the application, the time needed for demos increased at least ten-fold. Authentication & authorization, secure file uploads for the end user, automatic image resizing post-uploads, language localization and translation in the GUI with the ability to add unlimited number of languages and locale variations, are just to name a few of the new features.
Here is the first video prepared for this major update which demonstrates a new end-to-end process of creating a simple web application featuring demonstrations for not just some of the less known features like AJAX-based lazy loading of list views, but also new features like integrating authentication, authorization, and image file uploads with automatic image size shrinking.
Below is a summarized list of all the new significant features that came with version 2.x
- Authentication and Authorization
- Integrate Myth/Auth library to your CodeIgniter project
- Automatically have login, registration, password reset forms, even editable user profile pages added.
- Define which user group is authorized to access a specific module from the GUI
- Language Localization
- Localize your web application in a language other than English
- Add multiple languages to your web app from within the GUI
- Edit translation strings in the GUI
- Allow end-users to switch language in the generated web apps.
- Import/export translation files
- File Uploads
- Ability to add fully functional file inputs to the forms
- Support for image uploads for jpeg, png, gif and web formats
- Add non-image files as downloadable documents such as PDFs and MS Office files
- Multiple file upload fields can exist on a single form and generated controller will handle all of them.
- Improved Form Validation
- Form validation is now even more user-friendly and good-looking.
- Have each field provide its specific feedback
- Ability to export .csv and Excel .xlsx files from list views (using datatables) in generated web apps
- Augmented AJAX
- Create forms in modal windows with AJAX-based data validation and submission
- Works well with noncomplex* forms. (See known limitations)
- Other Improvements
- Added ability to turn on auto-generation of UUIDs for PK fields of char(36)
- Automatic generation of slugs from title fields (if there is a slug field in the DB table)
- Improved Routes
- Routes refactored in groups per module
- Authentication routes are automatically added
- Ability to add additional URI segment to your app URL leaving room for custom front-ends that can be manually added
- Dynamic parent route (group) handling your end user's locale
Screen-shots from CodeIgniter Wizard 2.0
Here are some screenshots from the new version.
Where to Get More Information About CodeIgniter Wiz?
Where To Buy CodeIgniter Wizard?
Apple's Mac App Store is currently the only source to purchase the product. It is available in the App Store of 100 countries around the world.